Search This Blog

Pages

Sunday, December 16, 2012

"Silver Lake's Oldest House" 832 Coronado Terrace, c.1885

As a history buff, I have often wondered when the very first houses in Silver Lake were built. While I can't be absolutely sure, the best information I have at present is that the first homes in Silver Lake on record appear to have been built in the late 1890s.

Coronado Terrace, on the edge of Echo Park, has the oldest houses still standing in Silver Lake. The house at 832 Coronado Terrace is perhaps the best preserved. Built in 1895, it retains much vintage character.

1 comment:

  1. My house and storefront on Coronado Street was a grocery store since 1904 (through 2004) and was just down the hill on Coronado Street. I would love to see historic pictures of what is now being called Hafo Safo.

    ReplyDelete